Critical control points (CCP): how to ensure quality control
28 - 02 - 2023
Performing quality control activities in a company ensures smooth and error-free production. Critical Control Points (CCP) are those steps in the production line that require extraordinary control.
What are critical control points in a quality control?
The critical control points are the steps that can potentially generate the most problems on a production line.
Therefore, they require extraordinary control.
Having these critical control points defined by creating a quality control strategy that focuses on these most critical stages will ensure that quality standards are followed during production.
Benefits of having critical control points identified
The importance of quality control in a company is unquestionable:
- You will achieve the industry’s mandatory quality standards
- You will achieve your customer’s quality standards
- You will avoid the immediate withdrawal of a product or a batch of products
- You will avoid incidents
- You will keep a good brand reputation
- You will keep your customers loyal
- You will close more sales contracts with new customers
- You will produce top quality products
- You will avoid unnecessary waste or having to throw away products
- Productions will be more sustainable and optimized
Examples of the importance of quality control in a company
Let’s imagine a factory where cereal boxes are produced, which we later find on the supermarket shelf. What if, due to a lack of optimal quality control, gluten-free cereals were mixed with gluten-containing cereals?
In a pharmaceutical industry, what if certain types of drugs had the wrong composition? What if they fit into the wrong packaging?
These types of mistakes could be fatal.
But obviously, there are other types of errors – not as severe – that would also be considered damaging to the company and to the quality of the products.
So, it is advisable to have foresight and identify these critical control points and apply comprehensive control measures.
When to apply quality control methods in a company?
At AIS Vision we can help you improve your company’s processes. But when is it best to apply quality control methods? Is it too late if I haven’t done so at the beginning?
Don’t worry: it’s never too late to make the necessary improvements.
We will be by your side in the pre-design phase, design or even if you already have applied systems. We help you optimise them to get safe products of the best possible quality.
What is our work process?
- We analyse the company’s starting point. We do an analysis of potential hazards.
- We determine what the critical control points are.
- We establish the limits that warn us that the product does not meet optimal quality standards.
- We determine what actions should be taken if an error is detected.
Regular inspections and audits are also very positive to ensure that the quality control plan is optimal so that changes can be made if necessary.
What do quality control methods allow you to do?
With quality control activities in a company, it enables you to properly inform, verify, maintain records and take corrective measures when necessary.
Any error detection systems you have put in place may be key to the end-to-end development of the production.
As you can see, quality control activities in a company are essential to get the best results.
Contact us to apply the necessary methodologies for optimal quality control.